About the Programme
EAS Certificate of Excellence in Lipidology is a comprehensive, CME-accredited, teaching programme - a combination of a modular online curriculum and face-to-face courses. The Programme covers fundamental and state-of-the-art developments in clinical lipidology, with focus on its role in cardiovascular disease.
Participants completing the requirements of the Programme will receive a Certificate of Excellence in Lipidology, and 19 credits from EBAC (European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology).
Participants will learn about the role of lipids in health and disease on several different levels. These different levels include:
- Basic understanding of lipids and lipoprotein metabolism
- The role of lipids as risk factors
- How lipids affect the vessel wall and cause CVD
- Understanding the role of genetics and environmental factors in determining disorders of lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lifestyle and pharmacological interventions against dyslipidaemias
- The clinical relevance of lipids and guidelines for the diagnosis and management of dyslipidaemias
- Lipid-lowering treatment in cardiovascular prevention and the development of new therapeutic targets
The Programme has been developed by the EAS Educational Activities Committee, led by Programme Directors Professor Lale Tokgozoglu, and Professor Olov Wiklund.
To access the Programme
Once you have purchased your access to the Programme, please go to http://academy.eas-society.org/ and log in using your EAS username & password. Select "Events & Courses" from the main menu, and select "Certificate of Excellence in Lipidology".