This 3-day course is organised by EAS and the Thorax Institute & the Human Nutrition Research Center of Nantes. It is targeted towards trained or in training physician or non-physician scientists.
The objective of this course is to give a broad knowledge of the study of the kinetics of lipid metabolism in humans by the use of stable isotopes and mass spectrometry.
The Course will cover
- Production and use of labelled tracers in humans
- Design of human trials
- Mass spectrometry analysis
- Basic principles of modelling
- Specific studies of apolipoproteins, cholesterol, bile acids…
- Examples for the study of various lipid diseases
- New developments in the next future
The 3-day course will take place from Wednesday, 11 October - Friday, 13 October 2017.
The Course will be held at IRS-UN.
8 quai Moncousu
Directors of the Course
- Jan Borén, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Michel Krempf, Nantes, France
- Marja-Riitta Taskinen, Helsinki, Finland
- M Adiels, Sweden
- H Barret, Australia
- C Cobelli, Italy
- M Croyal, France
- M Krempf, France
- D Luetjohann, Germany (tbc)
- A Mardinoglu, Sweden
- S Nielsen, Denmark
- K Ougueram, France
- C Packard, UK
- T Preston, UK
- F Robert, France
- F Stellaard, The Netherlands
- M-R Taskinen, Finland
- N van Riel, The Netherlands
- B Verges, France
A programme for the Course is available: View preliminary Programme
Applicants will be required to pay in advance a registration fee of 100 € (one hundred Euros) to confirm their place on the Course.
What will be provided?
EAS will provide the following (included in the registration fee):
- Accommodation 11-13 October (2 nights).
N.B. Participants are expected to arrive in the afternoon on Wednesday, 11 October and to check-out before 12.00 hrs on Friday, 13 October.
Additional nights' accommodation are at the participant's own cost.
- Meals as follows (coffee breaks are included):
- dinner on 11 October
- lunch & dinner on 12 October
- lunch on 13 October
Delegates are expected to make their own travel arrangements. Reimbursement for travel expenses up to a maximum amount of 200 € will be provided.
Application will open in May, 2017.
The organisers will review all the applications we receive and select the persons to be invited. The selection criteria are based on:
• the applicants' statement of motivation and CV
• whether the applicant has attended other EAS Advanced Courses
• geographical region
We will notify applicants on whether their application to attend has been accepted in the beginning/middle of September, 2017 at the latest.
With the support of
You are welcome to contact the EAS Office for further information at email@example.com