Interested in hosting an EAS Congress?
The EAS holds its congresses annually, moving to a different European
city each year, so that members will find the meeting easy to access
periodically from their own region. The EAS congresses draw an
international audience of ca. 2000 attendees.
We'd like to hear from you
If you represent a national atherosclerosis society who would be interested to host EAS Congress from 2020 onwards, please contact the EAS Office. The deadline for sending a letter of interest is October 10, 2016.
The stages of the process:
- A letter of interest should be received by EAS no later than October 10, 2016. No full bid is required at this stage.
- The EAS Executive Committee may then request a detailed bid. If you are asked to submit a bid, we would expect to receive it by November 28, 2016.
- Evaluation of bids by Congress Committee will then take place. Location(s) will be selected for site visit(s), which will be scheduled early in 2017.
- The Society's Congress Committee then make a recommendation to the Executive Committee (scheduled Q2 2017).
- The Executive Committee then take the decision on the venue(s) for EAS 2020 (and onwards) (scheduled Q2 2017).
Stage 1: letter of interest. Read this first
- Letters of interest are welcome from EAS members who represent a national atherosclerosis society or related cardiology society.
- Please make sure that your proposed city and congress centre meet these criteria
- The proposed congress centre should be available for a 5-day period during the period from the end of May to mid-June in at least one of the years 2020-2024 inclusive.
- The proposed congress centre should be able to accommodate a congress of 2000-2300 delegates and have an exhibition area of at least sqm 500 net (sqm 3500-5000 gross) (there is some flexibility here).
- The proposed city should have at least 2000 hotel rooms in 3-5 stars categories
- Proposed congress centre must be well-serviced by road, rail & airports, with an international airport within reasonable travelling distance.
Stage 2: Request for a full bid.
- Having reviewed the letters of interest, the EAS Executive Committee may invite you to put forward a full bid to host the congress.
- We have a guide to help you prepare your bid. Download the Guide to Bid Preparation.
- We will want to know details about
- the spaces available at the congress centre and the costs for rental of rooms & audiovisual equipment, catering and so on
- whether the bid is backed by the city municipal authorities and whether support is available from the region
- accessibility of the city for international delegates
- public transport in the city
- the hotels in the vicinity of the congress centre
- Information on these steps will be announced when they become relevant.