EAS Advanced Course on AIL - Apply now for a place on this Course
08 December 2015
This 3-day course is organised by EAS and Research Consortium GENIUS and is targeted towards PhD students and (early-stage) postdocs.
- interacting forces of immunology and lipid homeostasis on atherosclerosis
- interaction between participants and faculty
- presentation of ongoing research of the participants
- discussion on future atherosclerosis research and role of young researchers
The 3-day course will take place from Tuesday March 22 - Friday March 25, 2016.
The Course will be held at the Trippenhuis, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Directors of the Course
- Carlie de Vries, AMC Amsterdam
- Johan Kuiper, Leiden University
- Vincent Christoffels, AMC Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Menno de Winter, AMC Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- John Kastelein, AMC Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Johan Kuiper, Leiden University, the Netherlands
- Jan-Albert Kuivenhoven, Groningen, the Netherlands
- Esther Lutgens, AMC Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Coleen McNamara, University of Virginia, USA
- Willem Mulder, New York, USA
- Jan Nilsson, Lund University, Sweden
- Patrick Rensen, Leiden University, the Netherlands
- Alma Zernecke, Würzburg, Germany
- Other speakers to be confirmed
A preliminary programme for the Course is available. View full Programme
Topics featured in the Programme:
- Innovative research technology
- Systems biology
Applicants will be required to pay in advance a registration fee of 100 € (one hundred Euros) to confirm their place on the Course.
What will be provided?
EAS will provide the following (included in the registration fee):
- Accommodation March 22-25.
NB. Participants are expected to arrive during the day on Tuesday March 22 and depart on March 25.
Additional nights' accommodation are at the participant's own cost.
- Meals as follows (coffee breaks are included):
- networkning dinner on March 22
- lunch & official dinner on March 23
- lunch & networking dinner on March 24
Delegates are expected to make their own travel arrangements. Reimbursement for travel expenses up to a maximum amount of 200 € will be provided.
Applications are welcome until the end of the day, Monday January 4, 2016.
The organisers will now review all the applications we have received and select the persons to be invited. The selection criteria are based on:
- the applicants' statement of motivation and CV
- whether the applicant has attended other EAS Advanced Courses
- geographical region
We will notify applicants on whether their application to attend has been accepted by January 31, 2016 at the latest.
Apply for a place on the Course >>
Need more information? Contact the EAS Office at email@example.com