EAS Advanced Course on FH - Apply now for a place on this Course
30 August 2015
Posted by: Carmel Hayes
You can apply for a place on the Course until September 28, 2015, using the application form.
The 2-day course will take place from Monday 30 November- Wednesday 02 December, 2015.
The Course will be held at the Sahlgrenska Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
Directors of the Course
- Olov Wiklund, University of Gothenburg
- Stefano Romeo, University of Gothenburg
- Alberico L. Catapano, Milan, Italy
- Thomas Freiberger, Prague, Czech Republic
- Gunnar Karlsson, Sweden
- Pedro Mata, Madrid, Spain
- Kausik Ray, London, UK
- Stefano Romeo, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Handrean Soran, Manchester, UK
- Antonio J. Vallejo-Vaz, London, UK
- Albert Wiegmann, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Olov Wiklund, Gothenburg, Sweden
- other speakers TBC
A preliminary programme for the Course is available. View full Programme
Topics featured in the Programme include:
- The prevalence and clinics of HeFH, HoFH
- FH and CVD
- Genetics of FH, mutations and mutation frequencies
- Diagnosis of FH: Scoring systems and genetic diagnosis, Polygenic causes of clinical FH
- Cascade screening introduction and experiences from two countries
- Treatment of FH: Diet, statin and statin intolerance
- The role of PCSK9 inhibitors and other emerging drugs
- Homozygous FH, apheresis
- FH in children
- The lipid clinic and organization of FH, the role of different participants in the team
- Presentation from FH patient society
- Presentation and discussion of cases
- Presentation of the EAS-FHSC initiative and the FH register
Applicants will be required to pay in advance a registration fee of 100 € (one hundred Euros) to confirm their place on the Course.
What will be provided?
EAS will provide the following (included in the registration fee):
- Accommodation on November 30 and December 01.
NB. Participants are expected to arrive during the day on Monday November 30 and depart after the close of the course on December 02.
Additional nights' accommodation are at the participant's own cost.
- Meals as follows:
- dinner on November 30
- lunch & dinner on December 01
- lunch on December 02
Delegates are expected to make their own travel arrangements. Reimbursement for travel expenses up to a maximum amount of 200 € will be provided.
We will accept applications to attend the course during the period August 31-September 28, 2015.
Apply for a place on the Course.
Need more information? Contact the EAS Office at firstname.lastname@example.org