EAS Advanced course on FH
Application deadline - Thursday June 30, 2016!
This 2-day course is organised by EAS and the Hellenic Atherosclerosis Society. The Advanced Course is targeted towards trained or in training physicians, nurses, technicians and non-physicians.
Course date and location
The 2-day course will take place from Thursday, 13 October - Saturday, 15 October 2016. The course will be held at the Royal Olympic Hotel in Athens, Greece.
- genetics of the disease
- basic molecular mechanisms
- clinical developmentshow to treat patients with FH
- how to handle FH patients and their families
- how to handle FH in childhood
- Alexandros Tselepis, University of Ioannina, Greece (Director of the course)
- Vasilios Athyros, Medical School Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Alberico L Catapano, University of Milan, Italy
- Evridiki Drogari, Pediatrics Medical School University of Athens, Greece
- Moses Elisaf, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Steve Humphries, UCL Division of Medicine, UK
- Meral Kayıkcıoglu, EGE University, Turkey
- Genovefa Kolovou, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, Greece
- Vasilios Kotsis, School of Medicine Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Evangelos Liberopoulos, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Athanasios Palidis, Patient Society, LDL Greece, Greece
- Demosthenes Panagiotakos, School of Health Science and Education, Harokopio University, Greece
- Loukianos Rallidis, ATTIKON University Hospital, Greece
- Emilio Ros, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Lale Tokgözoglu, Hacettepe University, Turkey
- Alexandros Tselepis, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Konstantinos Tziomalos, Medical School Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
The programme for the course is available at EAS website.
View full Programme >>
Applicants will be required to pay in advance a registration fee of 100 € (one hundred Euros) to confirm their place on the course.
What will be provided?
EAS will provide the following (included in the registration fee):
- Accommodation 13-15 October (2 nights).
N.B. Participants are expected to arrive in the afternoon on Thursday, 13 October and depart after 12.00 on Saturday, 15 October. Additional nights' accommodation are at the participant's own cost.
- Meals as follows (coffee breaks are included):
- welcome dinner on 13 October
- lunch & dinner on 14 October
Delegates are expected to make their own travel arrangements. Reimbursement for travel expenses up to a maximum amount of 250 € will be provided.
Application is open since May 02, 2016 and the deadline is Thursday June 30, 2016. The course can accommodate a maximum of 25 attendees. To be eligible to apply please make sure your EAS membership is up to date.
Course application and details for the application procedure>>
Apply for EAS membership >>